Sunday 23 March 2014

Day 1 - Hastings And a Bag Full of Carbs

Day 1
(Click para Español)
Early wake up for a Sunday and a long drive down to Hastings. Great day, great atmosphere, it was clear that only something good was going to happen...

...Wifey presses the wrong button and the camera switches off instead of taking a photo at the finish line... :-) But she is so lovely that she recovered in no time and there you go :)


A long standing personal best was smashed and I entered the under 1:30 territory reserved to the badest'. 1:26:40.

...

24 hours earlier, in Croydon...

This is my food for the next 14 days:
Price £ Units Total
Bread Basics Wholemeal 0.5 1 0.5
Sains Pasta Shapes 500g 0.35 4 1.4
Rice Basics 1Kg 0.4 1 0.4
Frozen Chicken 2.5Kg 4.38 1 4.38
Coffee Basics 1.7 1 1.7
Milk Semi 3.4L (6P) 1.48 1 1.48
Porridge Oats 500g 0.7 1 0.7
Baked Beans 0.25 6 1.5
Bananas 0.12 0

Total 12.06

Left 1.94

That is an amazing 1.94 left which I will see how I accommodate (those bananas that I can't buy all at once, and who knows, maybe the deposit for a property?) ;)

And just tonight, the first supper. I had to skip lunch since I only felt like throwing up after that run:


Hmmmm :) A banana added later, that is another 0.12!

An amazing £589.58 have been raised to date, you are all so awesome...

Time to rest my bones, it has been a long day for a Sunday!

http://www.justgiving.com/marcoshungergames

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up boss! What is the rule about accrued nectar points from all those sainsburys purchases? I hope you're not cheating :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Oh well, nectar points on 12 pounds may account for a tear of gas next time I fill up?? :)

      Delete
  2. Don't worry Alex, I make sure he doesn't cheat!; in fact I make it a little more difficult by eating, in front of him, yummy things that he's not allowed :-)

    ReplyDelete